Welcome to Abacus
Abacus is a material bank for STEM education. We seek to produce, share and host high-quality educational material between collaborators. Our goal is to provide maintained and ready-to use material for lecturing and exercises. We specially focus on material utilizing the automatic assessment system STACK, but we are open to material making use of other formats and platforms as well.
The project was founded in early 2015 by the seven Finnish universities providing MSc education in engineering. Abacus was part of a pilot project concerning mathematical education, but has since grown in range of topics as well as partners. Interest towards the project has increased worldwide, and we look forward to including more collaborators.
Questions about the Abacus project or discussion about granting your institution membership should be directed at Dr. Antti Rasila (Aalto University), the coordinator of the project.
The contact person and the site administrator for German language Abacus materials is Dr. Michael Kallweit (Ruhr-Universität Bochum).
- Aalto University, Finland Coordinator
- Åbo Akademi University, Finland Initial partner
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland Initial partner
- Tampere University of Technology, Finland Initial partner
- University of Oulu, Finland Initial partner
- University of Turku, Finland Initial partner
- University of Vaasa, Finland Initial partner
- Häme University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Germany
- Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- University of Helsinki, Finland
- University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- University of Tampere, Finland
- Vaasa University of Applied Sciences, Finland